Sunday, March 07, 2010

Secular Homeschool Textbooks Not That Hard to Find

According to Dianna Narciso

Atheist, secular, and religious homeschoolers who have no argument with evolution, struggle to find homeschooling books that accurately present science. Unfortunately, they often have trouble finding textbooks in all subjects that aren't saturated with Christian doctrine.

Well at least she realizes all homeschoolers aren't Christian Fundamentalist (sigh). But no, we don't have trouble finding secular textbooks just do a Google search for Secular Homeschool Textbooks and voila.

I have to agree that I did generally wind up using the same textbooks public schools used or at least the same publishers. But ..................it really wasn't a problem, and yes the books were pricey. But I am perplexed by the people who seem to think it is nearly impossible to find secular textbooks to use for homeschooling. I do agree that there is a market for secular homeschoolers and it is growing every day, perhaps some bright young homeschool entrepreneur will fill the niche.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's all that difficult to find secular or neutral homeschool science programs at least at the elementary/middle school level. A few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head are: Real Science Odyssey, NOEO, Real Science 4 Kids, Ellen McHenry's books, Mr. Q, Bite Size Physics, Singapore My Pals are Here, and PLATO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Spam is not tolerated. I welcome on topic comments from you.