I wonder if they have taken into consideration the many things that can cause false positives and the possible law suites that will be brought as a result.
More than 250 over the counter or prescription drugs can cause you to test positive on a drug test.
- Pain relievers such as Advil, Nuprin, Motrin
- Menstrual cramp medications like Midol and Trendar
- Ibuprofen is known to cause positive samples for Marijuana
- Anti inflammatories such as Naproxyn
- Dristan Nasal Spray, Neosynephren, Vicks Nasal Spray, Sudafed
- Over the counter appetite suppressants which contain propanolamine
- Common nasal decongestants can cause a positive reading for Amphetamines
- Medications containing chloropromazine and fluspirilene may yield a positive when tested for amphetamines
- Vicks Formula 44M containing Dextromethorphan, and Primatene-M containing perylamine as well as the pain reliever Demerol, and prescription anti-depressant Elavil test positive for opiates up to three days
- Quinine water can also cause a positive reading for opiates.
- Poppy Seeds such as the ones on a bagel from your favorite deli, represent a potentially serious source of falsely positive results in testing opiate abuse.
- Nyquil Nighttime Cold Medicine will test positive for Methadone up to two days.
- Amoxicillin has caused positives for cocaine
- Diazepam tests positive for PCP
- A small fraction of the population excrete large amounts of endogenons lysozyme or malate dehydrogenase in their urine which can produce a positive drug test.
- Africans and certain Orientals might test positive for marijuana due to the pigment melanin in their skin which shows up in a dark person's urine sample.
- Second hand marijuana or cocaine that you might inhale may give your test a positive result for several days.